claim military pay


Unclaimed Military Pay

To search for missing money and unclaimed property click on your country flag

claim military pay and veterans benefits Defense Finance and Accounting Service - Unclaimed Military Pay
Issues specifically concerning military pay are handled by the Defense Finance and Accounting Service (DFAS). While no separate files or comprehensive reports are maintained on individuals due unclaimed pay and entitlements, active duty members may claim authorized payments at any time. There is a six-year statute of limitations on collecting pay or entitlements once an individual has separated from the service.

Also, although safekeeping services are no longer offered to the general public, the Army, Navy, Marines and Air Force provide storage of U.S. Savings Bonds for up to one year after a member leaves service.

To trace lost military pay or unredeemed U.S. Savings Bonds held in military safekeeping go to: Veteran Benefit Search

Special Note: Former members of the armed forces and their heirs may also be entitled to Adjusted Service Bonds (ASB) which were issued in registered form to World War I veterans, and Armed Forces Leave Bonds (AFLB), issued in registered form to World War II veterans as compensation for accumulated but unused leave.

Bureau of Public Debt | Bureau of Indian Affairs | Dept. of Defense | Federal Bankruptcy Courts | Federal Deposit Insurance Corp | Financial Management Service | Housing & Urban Development | Insurance Commissioners | Internal Revenue Service | National Credit Union Association | Office of Personnel Management | Pension Benefit Guarantee Corp | Railroad Retirement Board | Securities & Exchange Commission | Social Security Admin | US Postal Service | Veterans Benefits Admin

1996 - 2013
National Unclaimed Property Associates
Terms of use / Sitemap / Contact us
Unclaimed Asset Search HOME
To search for unclaimed money
Copyright strictly enforced. We are not affiliated
 with any other agency or organization.